Kildimo/Pallaskenry (@1.4) vs Bruff (@3.1)

Our Prediction:

Kildimo/Pallaskenry will win

Kildimo/Pallaskenry – Bruff Match Prediction | 22-09-2019 10:45

Join the CLUB Limerick Draw online or with any club committee member. There is no better way to support both and show our players that you are supporting them all the way! CLUB LIMERICK DRAW: We had a winner in the July edition of the Club Limerick draw as M & A OSullivan took home 250! Kildimo Pallaskenry GAA is very fortunate to have a number of players involved with county teams in both hurling and football across a number of grades. Support your club and county teams!

This is a team who lay just behind us in the table prior to this match and are one of the strongest teams at this grade, so this was a very encouraging victory. PREMIER INTERMEDIATE HURLING CHAMPIONSHIP: Kildimo/Pallaskenry 2-16 Bruff 0-16. Our hurlers are returning to a Premier Intermediate semi-final, as they picked up another win; this time over last years beaten county finalists, Bruff. It certainly wasnt all plain sailing, particularly in the first half, but we dug deep in the second half to secure the win. It means that we are guaranteed a spot in the semi-final with two games in the group still to play.

Stay up-to-date with the latest Sport News

Adam Butler showed an excellent first touch to control the first ball and turned to strike a beautiful score between the uprights to open the scoring. We would hit a third point in a row from a Liam Griffin free after Kyle Hayes had been fouled while running at the Bruff defence. Bruff levelled things before Kyle Hayes got his first point of the evening from way out on the touchline, and this was followed by an inspirational score from our captain Barry OConnell. Bruff began to pick up a lot of the breaks, and then proceeded to do damage on the scoreboard. During this period, some great fielding from the likes of Lorcan OLeary and Barry OConnell gave us a launchpad for our attacks. We had the aid of a decent breeze in Claughaun in the first half and we did start well. This was a good start but unfortunately, we lost centre-forward Shaun Barry to injury and this seemed to disrupt our flow a small bit. He drove forward from his centre-back position, avoiding a couple of hooks before landing the ball just over the crossbar.

The final score in this purple patch, and the most important by far, was also finished by Darren. Kyle Hayes started things off as he struck his second point of the game, Kyle had an absolutely massive second half, our opponents really struggled to live with his pace and power. He showed brilliant hands when John Chawke picked out his run with a quick free. Darren popped outside to Kyle, who had anticipated he would win it. Liam Griffin cut a lovely sideline into the space across him, he took it into his hand and slipped it past the goalkeeper for the first goal of the game! Darren OConnell had hit two points in the first half but really upped things another few gears in the second half and played a key role in the next three scores. The Bruff backs had no option but to foul Kyle, and Adam Butler fired over the free. Darren would then win the ball directly from a John Chawke puckout, raced in behind the cover and popped over the bar.

Its great to be back in a semi-final, and particularly with two games to spare, and the players must be credited for getting back to that stage as soon as possible, looking to avenge last years semi-final defeat. That will focus the minds but there are two more group matches to get results in. Credit must go to all involved including manager Chris Sexton, coach Peter Finn and to the others involved: anna McGarrigle, Jim Maher, Sean Cuddihy, Liam Hurley and Alan Fitzgerald as well as the players who continue to put in big performances on the pitch! Our next Championship match is in two weeks time, Saturday August 31 against Cappamore, also in Claughaun.

Upcoming Fixtures

East Clare kept battling to the end but there was no stopping the Limerick champions on this night as they earned a deserved place in the final by a 13 point margin in the end. A great score from Green from out near the sideline put 8 between the sides again after 40 minutes. Regeneron responded quickly to the setback with points from Green and O'Sullivan. Paudie Green opened the scoring in the second half with a well struck point on 32 minutes. East Clare looked like they had a lifeline in the match on 35 minutes when a free from Eoin Tuohy on the half way line went all the way to net and there was now 6 points between the sides. Stiofan McMahon replied with a free on 33 minutes. Brian Hogan put 9 between the sides again on 34 minutes with another good score. Points were traded for the next 8 minutes but there was no way back for East Clare when David O'Connor scored a great goal on 48 minutes to put distance between the sides and to compound the Clare sides misery they lost goalkeeper Sean Brogan to a red card for his attempt to stop O'Connor from scoring. McMahon scored another free for East Clare on 38 minutes.

John Guilfoyle fired over a good point from center field on 15 minutes to put 3 points between the sides again. Green stretched the lead with a pointed free on 12 minutes. East Clare went in front inside the first minute with a good point from Stiofan McMahon. Good play from Green saw him get inside the 14 and hit a powerful shot off the crossbar on 5 minutes and when the rebound fell to Brian Hogan he made no mistake to rattle the back of the East Clare net to open up a 3 point lead for the Limerick side. East Clare hit back with points from McMahon and Fitzgerald but it was back to a 8 point lead for Regeneron right on half time when goalkeeper John Chawke fired over a free from his own half. Regeneron hit the front on 3 minutes when Peter O'Sullivan finished off some good play with a well struck point. Paudie Green got Regeneron off the mark with a good point after a strong run on 2 minutes. Green fired over a free on 22 minutes to make it an 8 point game. East Clare responded with points from Patrick Fitzgerald and Jason Loughnane to leave 1 point between the sides after 10 minutes. Half time score Regeneron 2-8 East Clare Construction/Aerowind 0-6. East Clare won a free on the 21 and a shot from Padraig Hickey hit the post. A decisive moment in the match arrived on 19 minutes. Regeneron broke up the field and Brian Hogan scored a great goal on the run to put 6 points between the sides. Ciaran Cooney made it a level game again on 4 minutes with a good score from out near the sideline. Guilfoyle scored another good point from center field on 24 minutes and Regeneron were now 9 points in front. Hogan followed up the goal with a point on 20 minutes and the lead was out to 7 points.

Another Bruff score was followed by another inspirational score from the captain when we needed it most. This levelled matters up, and we then hit a third point on the trot when Conor Staff took on a Bruff player inside his own 65 and was tackled around the neck. John Chawke came up from between the sticks to take the free and landed it comfortably with the wind. Bruff would hit the final score of the half to mean things were all square at half-time: Kildimo/Pallaskenry 0-8 Bruff 0-8. Barry took the ball in his centre-back position, found a bit of space, opened a shoulder and used the wind to land an absolute monster point from inside in his own half. There was a big scrap for possession and eventually Kyle Hayes was able to pop a handpass out to Darren OConnell to take a score. They reeled off five points without reply to take a two-point lead before Darren OConnell finally stalled their momentum as he stepped away from his marker and popped the ball over the bar for his first score. When Bruff hit one of the few wides they would hit in the first half, a monster puckout with the wind from John Chawke caused trouble in their full-back line.

Mow hits 1-12 as Seniors advance

Our two All-Ireland winners linked up for the final score of the game, Barry OConnell emerging from defence yet again with the ball and picking out Kyle Hayes who struck his fifth point from play, a fine tally. It was good to see the impact off the bench from the likes of Keel as well as Jack OKeeffe and Dylan Corrigan but this was a clinical second half performance, with excellent work rate all over the pitch. didnt score any goal.

The match was all square but it had been far from our best performance, we hadnt utilised the wind as much as we would have hoped and our energy levels werent at the levels required. Facing a Bruff team with some very accurate shooters in the ranks, the team were well aware of the task that faced them in the second half and they came out with real fire in their bellies. However, John Chawke was also called into action to make a decent stop to prevent Bruff getting what would have been a crucial goal before we really exploded into life and would go on to hit 1-3 without reply, which was absolutely massive in the context of a tight game. We had also hit an awful lot of wides, and needed to improve our shooting accuracy to have a chance. Bruff hit the first score of the second half, converting a free but our backs totally dominated in this half, limiting Bruff to just three points from open play. It was an excellent second-half performance, the work rate was superb and we seemed to win a lot of the crucial match-ups all over the pitch.

INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP: Our intermediate footballers return to action next weekend, as they face Mountcollins on Sunday evening at 6pm in Newcastlewest. They are a proud club, quarter-finalists at this grade just two years ago, and will be absolutely desperate for a victory to avoid the relegation play-off. We currently sit in 4th place in the table, with our opponents, Mountcollins, bottom. It is another big test for our footballers but it would be nice to finish the season with a flourish and another win, to give us confidence heading into next season. It has been a decent first year at the intermediate grade for our first footballers, but we need to get a win in this match to ensure that we dont get dragged into a relegation play-off. Best of luck to all involved, and we hope to see the parish come out in support of the footballers in this fixture!

External links[edit]

This was a first ever Championship goal for Conor, the clubs Young Hurler of the Year from 2017 and now gave us an eight-point advantage! We then hit them with a hammer blow in those final minutes as Kyle set up Conor Staff, who hit a speculative effort from about 30 metres out which ended up in the back of the net! Sean Finn, forward from centre-back, had a sniff of a goal chance but John Chawke was again equal to the task, making the necessary save. Bruff were now throwing the kitchen sink at us and had moved a couple of their big players closer to goal.

ALL-IRELAND COMMUNITY GAMES POC FADA: A huge congratulations to young clubman, Joe Fitzgerald, who claimed 3rd place in the All-Ireland Poc Fada competition which was part of the Community Games National Finals held at the weekend! Joe put in a huge effort to get there, and all this hard work paid off ; any day you place in the medals in a national competition is a good say and we at the club are hugely proud of Joe and his achievement!